The worst thing that can happen to marketers is to get left behind. There is a constant change and need for adaption amongst marketers. Your company is depending on that. The new trend being embraced by customers is that of digital interactions, whether it is shopping, making appointments, communicating or more.
· Mobile internet usage by consumers seems to be outdoing regular internet usage, with mobile usage at 23% and regular usage at 8%.
· Not to mention, the whole mobile ad industry developed 34%, while desktop digital advertising developed 11%.
· You can definitely see an increasingly growing gap between the two – mobile internet usage and mobile digital marketing is outdoing that of its counterparts.
That’s the reason why your business must adapt. If you don’t, you’ll be the company stuck with the outdated marketing strategies and with no customers. Customers appreciate one-on-one digital interaction and communication with the business they are dealing with, when making a purchase, so that must be a focal point as well.
The relevance of communication is another thing. Just because you are interacting digitally, doesn’t mean that you can bombard your client with EVERY single product or service you have to offer. No customer wants to deal with that – they want you to inform them of the things that are most necessary and relevant to them.Contextual relevancy is really important to your customers.
- 23% of customers want ads to relevant to the content they’re viewing…
- …and 21% of them want ads to be customized to their location, according to a Forrester/Tapad report.