There are endless benefits that a marketing plan can bring to a company. It’s a guide for the movement of the company towards its goals.
But how do you go about getting your marketing plan together? Here are 5 steps you can use to get a good start on building your marketing plan:
- Start with a “situation analysis”: That’s basically a general view of your company’s current situation. It defines your company, its products and its services. It then pinpoints what you offer and how it is different from that of what the competitors offer.
- You need to be able to describe what you are marketing.
- You must know what it is your competitors are offering.
- Your analysis must include your company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- You need to describe the external opportunities your business can take advantage of.
- You need to identify external threats to your business also.
- 2. Describe your target audience: Give a simple profile of your prospective customer. Describe their lifestyle and demographics – include their “age, sex, family composition, earnings and geographic location”.
- 3. List your marketing goals: Write down a short list of goals and make sure you are able to measure them. State what you want the plan to achieve.
- 4. Put together marketing communication tactics: You need to describe in detail, the way you plan to achieve all the goals you have set and all your prospective customers.
- 5. Build a budget: “You’ll need to devote a percentage of projected gross sales to your annual marketing budget.” Don’t worry if you end up exceeding the costs for the marketing strategies. All you have to do is look back and make adjustments to the strategies until you end up with something that you can afford.
Follow these steps and see how well they work for you. Call us, so we can work on this together and help you make a positive impact on your business’s success! You may or may not be an expert in the field of online marketing, but we certainly are. We can help with whatever your needs may be. All you have to do is give us at Creative Designs a call and we can help you with that and much more. Call today!