If you are a small business owner, you need to see the importance of investing in your brand if you ever intend to reach the levels of the bigger brands on the market. No matter how minute the urgency of the brand-building may seem, you need to pay attention to it and you need to ensure that your brand doesn’t get lost in the background.
So here are some great branding lessons you can learn from big business brands.
- You need to “develop all-encompassing brand standards”: Let’s look at Coca-Cola for example. Look at what it offers – a standard, but renowned set of brand elements. The red and white can with the words “Coca-Cola” can be found on everything that pertains to that brand, from its soda cans to its packing, to its TV commercials. It’s a wide-ranging standard that is recognized my all who come into contact with it, so that no matter where a customer goes to get their “coke”, they know that they are going to get the same great quality. This should be what your brand is like.
- You need to “dedicate a single person to guiding and enforcing brand standards”: Take care to only appoint one “brand czar” in your company. That way, that person is involved in all the processes that are affiliated with marketing of new materials. Ensure that only that person has the authority to make changes to the state of the brand elements. If other people are involved in that process, it may only lead to chaos for your brand.
- You need to “embrace storytelling”: Make marketing a storytelling experience. Let your advertisements play out like a movie to smoothly reveal your brand to your audience. You can even go beyond brand storytelling and you can reveal other things about your company too, like what makes it unique and what people can expect when they come to you.
- You need to “take advantage of big data”: Big data can be used for small brands too. You may already have access to data pertaining to the customer-relationship management system among other things. All you need to do is make use of the reports and other smaller sections of the data available to you and apply them to your business. That way, you can make reasonable analyses and predictions in respect to metrics for your brand’s success.
- You need to “get involved in the community”: Make people feel included in a group pr a community. The aim of branding is to attract people to you and your bond should make people feel like they have something in common or have a mutual relationship with others who are in similar situations.
If you need more help in this field of marketing, you can give us a call! Our website marketing company understands how to master the skills that relate to SEO, email marketing, social platforms, content, coding and more. Check us out today for all of your social media needs and more! We’re always willing to help!