Pathos has everything to do with emotions. Many writers choose to appeal or evoke emotions through the art of persuasion and that’s a great tactic to use when you’re marketing to people, since people are very emotional beings.
That’s why it’s a great idea to stray a little, from the constant use of ethos (appeal to ethics) and logos (appeal to logics) sometimes, so that you can get to the heart of your audience and hit the soft spot with pathos. We’re going to give you a list of things that you can use to help you with this very aspect. Just read them below.
- Always choose emotional themes and points
- Always choose words which add the emotional emphasis you want to convey
- Make use of strong metaphors and rich analogies
- Connect to your audience with stories
- Add a little humor to the mix
- Use strong visuals to add some emotional appeal
- Use your delivery techniques to model the emotion
- Pay attention to your audience to figure out how best you can activate their emotions
- Use marketing materials to ignite curiosity
- Add the element of surprise to your content
- Add vivid sensory words to your content
- Be genuine with your audience
- Ensure that your vocal delivery and gestures match the emotion you want to ignite
- Try to connect with your audience by breaking down physical barriers
- Get rid of competing emotions in the environment
- Try not to trigger emotional bombs within your audience
We can help make a difference for your business and help you grow your customer base with marketing, website design and social media management! You may or may not be an expert in the field of online marketing, but we certainly are and we have worked on more than 3500 projects to deliver exceptional results. We can help with whatever your Ottawa marketing needs may be. All you have to do is give us a call at Creative Designs and we can help you with your Ottawa SEO, website design Ottawa and any other marketing to help you dominate your market. Call us today!