We can’t reiterate the fact enough – more and more people are using their mobile devices instead of the desktops to connect to the Internet. That’s why we see the increasing trend of businesses developing mobile websites to do their marketing to their mobile-using target audience.
It’s not like businesses owners really have much of a choice. If they don’t cater to the very large audience of mobile-users, it’s likely that they will suffer an immense loss. Here are some of the important things you need to know as it relates to creating a more mobile-friendly website for your company:
- Make sure and reduce the number of images you use on your mobile website, because theses may make it take longer to load up due to the limited bandwidth on mobile devices.
- The images that you do use on your mobile website shouldn’t be very large or have a very high resolution, because they will also take a very long time to load as well.
- Don’t use flash components for your mobile websites because they don’t tend to work well on mobile devices. Their animations, videos and navigation content aren’t compatible with mobile devices.
- Textual content should be short and simple so that people can avoid having to scroll very far to view your website’s content.
- Offer your textual content in smaller, broken up parts on your website. It’s much easier for readers to digest content in that form, as compared to bulky paragraph form.
- Help your users to engage with your content more easily by including mobile plug-ins for your website’s mobile users.
- Videos are a popular form of content, so you should use it on your mobile-friendly website. Just ensure that you can make it more mobile friendly enough for your mobile users to enjoy.
We can help make a difference for your business and help you grow your customer base with marketing, website design and social media management! You may or may not be an expert in the field of online marketing, but we certainly are and we have worked on more than 3500 projects to deliver exceptional results. We can help with whatever your Ottawa marketing needs may be. All you have to do is give us a call at Creative Designs and we can help you with your Ottawa SEO, website design Ottawa and any other marketing to help you dominate your market. Call us today!